Reduce the risk of a termite infestation in your home:
• Repair any water leaks and moisture issues. Water-damaged walls, leaks in roofs, bathrooms and sink areas create favorable conditions for termites to flourish.
• Clean gutters and repair downspouts. Keep gutters clear and free-flowing to avoid clogs which may eventually lead to water damage.
• Drain water away from exterior walls and foundation. Ensure all drain lines, such as air conditioner drainage lines, release water at least 30.48 cm or 12 inches away from the foundation.
• Trim back shrubs and landscape plants from exterior walls. Shrubs and plants can trap moisture, which is critical for termite survival. Over-grown plants can provide a hidden avenue for termites and prevent thorough visual inspection.
• Keep ground cover below the bottom of the exterior siding. Ground cover, such as mulch and pine straw, that has built up over the bottom of wall coverings, provide a hidden avenue for termites. Ground cover should be at least 15.24cm or 6 inches below the bottom of exterior wall coverings.
• Monitor irrigation systems. Ensure sprinklers are adjusted properly to spray away from foundation and walls.
Ensure you have a comprehensive termite inspection by a professional termite company. At A1 Pest Control Canberra, our inspections can use the state of the art thermal imaging to see pests before they can do damage.
Call our team today 0407 065 413 Image may contain: house, screen and outdoor