FAQs for Commercial and Domestic Pest Treatment and Management.
Our team gets asked all of the time questions about pest treatment and management that they were worried about so I have compiled below some of the more common pest treatment and control questions that we are asked in order to help you further.
Of course, if there is anything you can not find the answer to your question especially about pest treatment and management, please just reach out to me either through here or just give our friendly team a call on 0407 065 413.How can I protect my home from rats and mice or do pest treatment?
- Ensure that food are always kept in a tightly closed containers, block holes with steelo where rats may cross to enter your home or simply remove clutter or rubbish from the kitchen to keep these pests away.
How do I prevent birds from getting in my roof?
- We can prevent birds from getting in your roof without the use of chemicals and by structural means if you have galvanised roof or colour bond.
How much does it cost to hire pest treatment control services?
- Pest control service price range differs depending on the size of your home or business. It also depends on what pest the professionals needed to attend to. For more information on pricing, you may contact us.
What areas of Canberra do you service?
- A1 Pest Control Canberra services the whole city of Canberra. We are committed to helping all residents of Canberra get rid of their pests.
Are the products that will be used safe for my family?
- The chemicals we use are the safest but we still recommend minimal exposure to you and your family. We have clients such as schools, child care services and other nursing homes where we have also used the same products that we will use in your home.
I am pregnant. Can I get a treatment done in my home?
- Normal pesticides are considered safe for pregnant women. Just make sure it is applied by professional pest treatment and control service providers. To know more about pregnancies and pesticides, you may visit the Department of Health website at: https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/N_R/Pregnancy-and-pesticides
Are the chemicals safe for my pets?
- It is recommended to remove any pets, their food and water bowls from the area to be treated. If they are in a cage, it is advisable to cover them up. Fishes in a tank should be covered with a towel and cling wrap, and if they are in a pond, the pond should be covered with a tarp.
Do I need to stay away from the home for the treatment?
- No, you don’t need to leave your home. However, it is still dependent on the type of treatment that will be done. The pest control service provider will advise you upon booking if needed.
Should I clean my house before or after my treatment?
- You may clean your home prior the treatment, but after the procedure, it is advised that you try to leave it as long as possible so you will not wash away the treatment.
Is it okay if it is raining during the treatment?
- If there is only light rain, your treatment may still proceed. However, your pest treatment control team may contact you and reschedule your service if needed to.
Do I need to move or take away any furniture for the treatment?
- It is recommended to remove any furniture that is up against the wall. Doing this will allow good coverage around the skirting area.
How long will the service take?
- Usually, the service will take around an hour, depending on the size of the home and the treatment to be done. Drying time depends on the weather conditions but typically takes around 1-3 hours.
What are the areas do you treat?
- Both inside and outside of your home, including the roof space, carports, sheds, under the sub-floor area, and any other affected areas.
How many times should I get my home treated?
- An annual treatment is recommended but in some cases a home may need a treatment any time of the year depending on the degree of infestation.
Will the chemicals stain in my carpet or ruin my furniture?
- We use water-based products and therefore will not damage your carpet, furniture or your home as a whole.
Will there be visible insects after the treatment?
- There is a 2-week flushing period. During this period, you may find more insects on your home but this is normal. Those insects will perish in no time.
Do you also treat vehicles, boats and caravans?
- Yes, we also accommodate those just like we treat your home and business.
When should I get my end of lease flea treatment?
- End of lease treatments should be done before returning your keys to your landlord especially after the carpets have been cleaned or washed all flooring.
What are the mode of payments available?
- We accept cash and cheque payments. We also have EFTPOS system to accept your card payments.
So please remember if you need any further FAQ’s for Commercial and Domestic Pest Treatment and Management just give our friendly team a call on 0407 065 413 to get a quicker reply.