When you are looking to hire a pest control company there are a few things that need to be considered:
- Are they fully licensed to do the job?
- Is their insurance up to date?
- Does the company fully explain what they will be doing when they are going to do the treatment?
- Are they happy to answer your questions and give you helpful tips on how to get the most out of your pest control experience?
- Do they give a guarantee?
- At the end of the treatment would you recommend them to any of your family and friends.
- If you have gone through this simple checklist with a few of the chosen companies that are either in or near where you live then you are in business.
GET A QUOTE
Get at least 2-3 quotes and if a quote is a lot different ask why. Getting the cheapest quote does not mean that you are getting a better deal especially if they cut corners by using inferior chemicals which do not last as long and you would need to get the pest controller back out again costing you more at the end of the day.
So that great deal of getting the treatment at a reduced price is now more expensive!
Keep in mind what you thought of them at the start and have another think when they showed up at your door and ask yourself were they well presented? Did they give you the courtesy of putting on boot covers to protect your floor?
It’s all these little things that make the termite or general pest control company one that ticks all your boxes that will have you come back and be a long-term customer.
Most the red flags are that they want to pay cash up front before the job is done or they can’t produce a current license.