Most homeowners attempt to treat a pest problem on their own, and usually end up treating the infestation visible at the moment, but not the root cause of the pest problem. Beneath the walls and deep in the crevices lie the nesting ground for these pests that cannot be reached by home solutions. Besides that, the unlicensed use of pesticides is also known to be hazardous to your health and the environment.
Pests multiply and when the problem is ignored, rats, cockroaches, and termites can cause either:
- Sickness by contaminating foodstuffs
- Property damage
– chewing through wiring
– damage to walls when they try to escape OR where they are nesting
– silently eating wood structures from the inside out
As part of your ongoing maintenance on your property, both general pest control and a termite inspection should be carried out at a minimum once a year.
Get a general pest control right away!
5 Dangerous Home Pests in Canberra
- Bed Bugs – cause psychological distress and allergic reactions.
- Carpenter Ants – nest in woods and ruin furniture and doors.
- Anopheles Mosquitoes – spread Malaria and other diseases
- Termites – eat through walls and destroy structures
- Cockroaches – spread diseases and can live for months without food and water.
Pest Control Tips
Here are a few tips on how you can prevent these pests infestations.
- Don’t leave pet bowls outside, bring them inside and wash them.
- Seal entry points remember they can climb up vines growing on a house.
- Don’t store wood close to the house.
- Check trees either on your property or nature strip.
- Book a termite inspection annually.
- Remove stagnant water around the house.
- Use screens on windows and doors.
- Get rid of the clutter
- Dust regularly
- Good sanitation is the key to prevent these pests.
- Clean the kitchen thoroughly. Don’t leave any left-over food.
- Make sure your trash bins have a tight cover.
- Keep your food in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and openings around the house
When do I get pest control?
This is a question we are often asked. When is a good time to do pest control and the answer is NOW before the pest become a problem.
6 Reasons To Book A1 Pest Control Canberra
- We have more raving 5 Star reviews than our multinational competitors – because we treat people as people NOT numbers.
- Our highly professional and experienced technicians are regularly approached to be headhunted by our competition as they know we have the best in the business.
- We take the time to educate and explain the pest control process that does not baffle people with waffle.
- We are quick to respond to your pest problems EVEN on a weekend.
- We are a local proud Canberra business that lives here and employs locals.
- We offer cost-effective, environmentally friendly whilst more importantly safe treatments around family and pets.
We provide both residential and commercial pest control services. We have all the latest tools, and we use green solutions that are effective for pests and non-harmful for humans.
Our treatments provide effective control of an existing problem and guarantee complete removal of an infestation.
At A1 Pest Control Canberra, we have the tools and experience to properly identify the residential pest problems and recommend an appropriate course of treatment.
Call our team on 0407 065 413 for termite treatment or general pest control. Book us TODAY!