What is expected of the home buyer
Do you need to arrange a PPI? Canberra residents who are considering buying a home need to take a variety of precautions and one of those should be a PPI – that’s a pre-purchase inspection.
Canberra has a healthy termite population and when you’re making such a major investment, you want to know that your new home isn’t going to come with a termite damage repair bill!
Home buyers should arrange for a termite report before committing to a purchase. As your conveyancer or lawyer may tell you, it’s possible to make your offer ‘subject to’ the outcome of the inspection.
Many Canberra suburbs are affected by termites and some suburbs are considered a particularly high risk, so the money spent on a pre-purchase termite inspection can be money well spent.
While there are many different species of termite, it is the subterranean termites that tend to do the most damage in New South Wales. The biggest problem for homeowners is that these termites can travel into the home unseen via underground tunnels.
Once they’re in the home they’re just as difficult to spot – because they attack wood from the inside, where they’re out of view, rather than from the outside. Termite damaged wood can appear perfectly normal on the outside to the untrained eye.
The good news is that your local termite expert has been trained to identify the signs of termite presence. Many termite inspectors now use highly specialized equipment like thermal imaging cameras, moisture detectors and termite radars in the search for termites.
PPI (pre-purchase inspection) Tips
Termite experts who have up to date equipment are able to provide a very thorough termite PPI. Canberra homes are in a region where termites are plentiful so if you’re buying a home, the small amount of money you spend on a termite pre-purchase termite inspection might prove very worthwhile if there is evidence of active termites.
A quick pre-purchase of pest inspections is very possible; therefore, even if you’re in a hurry to have your offer accepted or your purchase finalized, don’t rush into a deal without doing your due diligence!
Termite damage can run into the thousands, which makes the $160-360 you might spend on a PPI in Canberra very good value.
And once you’re in your new home, don’t forget to arrange regular termite inspections. If you’re in high-risk suburb, talk to your termite expert about other options that may give your home additional protection.
How do you arrange a PPI? Canberra home buyers can contact termite expert Bob Waters on 0407- 065-413 for more information or to arrange an inspection time.
Here are 5 good reasons why you may want to deal with our firm
- You will receive knowledgeable information about your situation or pest management problem
- No pushy sales persons forcing you into a treatment you don’t want
- We only use the safest low or non-toxic treatments that are pet and child friendly
- Your Termite Inspection will be only be carried out with insured, accredited technicians. We carry the latest thermal imaging camera and tracking tools, ensuring that you get the very best and most accurate inspection in the industry.
- Your service is guaranteed with our company, with a rock solid, money-back policy if we don’t deliver or keep our promises. That’s what has built our business over the years, and why we keep getting repeat business from our happy clients.