A responsible homeowner will have their home inspected for termites periodically and on average one in every three homeowners will have to call a professional to deal with an infestation of termites in their home.
Don’t be fooled in believing that every pest controller is a trained termite control expert, and you want to make sure because these pests can cost you thousands of dollars of damage if not dealt with properly.
Invest the few minutes that it will take to confirm that you are working with a specialist that is qualified to deal with termite control. You might be asking, what is the difference between a pest controller and a termite expert.
In Canberra and NSW, a licensed pest controller only just has to complete an entry level course – this course does not qualify the student to be a specialist. They will be trained to control ants, spiders, cockroaches, but will not be able to perform termite inspections and termite treatment.
A second course, “Termite and Timber Pest Management” (PRM40209 Certificate IV in Asset Maintenance) will be required to provide the knowledge that the technician will required to have in order to deal with termites. Keep in mind that nothing replaces experience and quality of work for someone to become an expert that you can trust.
To achieve accreditation at the Certificate IV level, the candidate must be able to demonstrate a competency in all of the 15 core units, plus the 7 extra elective units (which is a total of 22 units). It is sad that some pest control firms do not enforce at their technicians have these professional credits.
- PRMCMN302A Respond to client inquiries and complaints
- BSBSMB402A Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB404A Undertake small business planning
- PRMPM02B Assess pest management options
- PRMPM05B Modify environment to manage pests
- PRMPM06B Apply pesticide to manage pests
- PRMPM07B Implement a pest management plan
- PRMPM43A Prepare and present a pest management submission including quotation
- PRMPM09B Advise client on pest management options
- PRMPM18B Maintain equipment and chemical storage area
- PRMPM17B Repair and maintain service` equipment
- PRMPM26B Select and obtain pest management equipment and materials
- PRMPM27B Manage pest management operations risk
- PRMPM28B Organize and operate a pest management vehicle
- PRMPM29B Plan and schedule pest management operations
- BSBINN301A Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBHRM402A Recruit, select and induct staff
- BSBHRM401A Review human resources functions
- BSBSMB407A Manage a small team
- BSBSMB403A Market the small business
- BSBSMB405A Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- PRMCMN402A Facilitate effective client relationships
- PRMPM22B Develop and review company policies and procedures
- TAADEL301C Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills
- PRMPM35B Manage assets
The most modern and up-to-date termite detection equipment (such as thermal imaging cameras) can be costly and some firms will not invest in the latest technology to give you the best service and results possible.
Since termites are discreet and difficult to view, the best equipment is necessary to scan the walls in your home for termite activity. Does expensive equipment make for a qualified termite expert? Not necessarily. Experience and diligence must also be considered when hiring your termite expert.
A few questions will help you choose a termite specialist in Canberra and surrounding areas:
- Ask the pest controller of their schooling and qualifications, and if they have Certificate IV in Pest Management
- Inquire about the type of equipment that will be used to search for termite activity in and around your home. Some of the most modern equipment today will involve a Termatrac microwave device and equipment specializing in moisture detection.
- Also, ask your potential expert where and how they seek out termites and their colonies. This will give you a sense of how thorough, diligent and professional they are.
Treatment of termites is not inexpensive, so it really pays off to ensure that you hire a qualified and experienced termite controller to do your home inspections, treatments, and provide expert advice on how to protect your property from any infestations in the future.
Bob of A1 Pest Control has more than 30 years’ experience in the Pest Control Industry. He currently holds Certificate IV in Asset Maintenance (Pest Management), and holds qualifications in the special treatments of annoying pests, including Advanced Termite Control.
Here are 5 good reasons why you may want to deal with our firm:
- You will receive knowledgeable information about your situation or pest management problem
- No pushy sales persons forcing you into a treatment you don’t want
- We only use the safest low or non-toxic treatments that are pet and child friendly
- Your Termite Inspection will only be carried out with insured, accredited technicians.
- We carry the latest thermal imaging camera and tracking tools, ensuring that you get the very best and most accurate inspection in the pest industry.
Our service about termite problem and providing expert in these areas:
Acton, Ainslie, Amaroo, Aranda
Banks, Barton Braddon, Beard, Belconnen, Belconnen Town Centre, Bonner, Bonython , Booth, Braddon , Braidwood, Bruce , Bungendore, Burra
Calwell, Campbell, Capital Hill, Carwoola, Casey, Centre, Chapman, Charnwood, Chifley, Chisholm, City, Clear Range, Conder, Cook, Coombs, Cotter River, Crace, Creek Centre, Curtin
Deakin, Dickson, Dodsworth, Downer, Duffy, Duntroon
Erindale Centre, Evatt
Farrer, Fisher, Florey, Flynn, Forest, Fraser
Garran, Gundaroo, Gilmore, Giralang, Googong, Gordon, Goulburn, Gowrie,Greenleigh, Greenway, Griffith, Gungahlin- Gungahlin Town Centre
Hawker, Higgins, Holt, Harrison, Holder, Hughes
Isabella Plains, Isaacs
Jamison Centre, Jacka
Kippax Centre, Kaleen, Kingston, Kenny, Kinlyside , Karabar, Kambah – Kambah Village Centre
Latham, Lawson, Lyneham, Letchworth, Lyons
Macgregor, Macquarie, McKellar, Melba,Mitchell, Moncrieff, Macarthur, Monash
North Lyneham, Narrabundah, Ngunnawal, Nicholls
O’Connor, Oaks Estate, Oaks Estate, Oxley, O’Malley
Page, Parkes, Palmerston, Pialligo, Paddys River, Pearce, Phillip
Red Hill, Reid, Russell, Rendezvous Creek, Ridgeway, Royalla, Richardson, Rivett
Scullin, Spence, Symonston, Springrange, Sutton, Stirling, Southlands Centre
Turner, Taylor, Throsby,Tennent, Tharwa, The Angle, Tinderry, Tralee, Tuggeranong Town Centre,Theodore, Torrens
WatsonWright, Wamboin, Williamsdale, Wanniassa, Waramanga, Weston – Weston Creek Centre, Woden Town Centre
Yarralumla, Yarrow, Yass