Looking for simple tips on pest control at home? Well, at A1 Pest Control Canberra, we help keep your family, home and business safe from pests.
Our professionally trained staff are always on hand to help answer your pest problems no matter the pest problem is we have the solution! However, you too can play a part in helping to protect your property from unwanted pests. Here are some simple tips on pest control at home to prevent them from spreading.
Tips on pest control at home
1. Try pest prevention first.
Keep your place spick and span! You might think that is an obvious tip for keeping your home pest free, but it’s with the simplest jobs that we can be most careless! Here are some ways to keep your place pest free.
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter.
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Remove garbage regularly from your home.
- Fix leaky plumbing and don’t let water accumulate anywhere in the home. Don’t let water collect in trays under your houseplants or refrigerator. Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Clutter provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them. Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards. Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes.
- Cover any holes with wire mesh.
- Learn about thetips on pest control you have and options to control them.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them inside.
Maintain your home. Keeping your home in good condition is important for a safe and healthy environment for your family. It also makes your house more welcoming for you and your family and less inviting for pests!
- Seal up the house – all cracks, windows, floors and doors
- Regularly check roofing and walls for any signs of decay – anything that could become a potential home for pests – Mow lawns and trim plants regularly
- Avoid any buildup of clutter both inside and outside the home – keep a good distance between any wood piles, compost bins, etc. and your home
2. Don’t use outdoor chemicals indoors. Many chemicals intended for use outdoors are dangerous to use indoors because they will remain toxic longer inside than they would outdoors.
3. Don’t assume that twice as much is better. Always read and follow label directions.
4. Don’t transfer pesticides to other containers. Store pesticides in their original containers. Only mix as much as you are going to use at one time if the pesticide must be mixed with water. And most importantly, don’t use empty pesticide containers to store anything else.
This may result to confusion and eventually can lead to poisoning. Learning about the tips on pest control you have and options that are available to control specific pests is also helpful to pest control within your home or business.
There are many preventative measures you can take jus like these tips on pest control at home but sometimes this is not enough call Jenny 0407 065 413 or email email@example.com